RandyM
Lurker

RandyM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Hard Reset/factory default your Nook

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Thought this would come in handy and wanted to get it posted here before it gets lost and burried...

FULL Credit goes to mad5427 @ XDA

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Unroot Nook Color?

RE:
To do a hard reset, hold down the power button, +Volume button and the Home Nook button at the same time until your machine powers down. Turn your machine back on and it should give you a choice to reset your nook. Power button will cancel it and the nook home button at the bottom will continue with the reset. Confirm it and it will take a couple minutes and your machine will be back to square one.
Hello,
I've tried the power / volume + / home button method a bunch of times now. And I never get a screen that prompts me to reset the NOOk. The reason I'm trying to go back to "factory default" is - I rooted it last night, and now the YouTube app doesn't work. It just flashes (scrolls left) and goes back to my "extras" screen. So I wanted to download an app to recover it from the Market, but when I try to download anything - it just sits there with "starting download" but never progresses. Your help with any or all of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I've screwed this thing up.
Randy.