View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-15-11★SharkieROM v4.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

So a few words on version 4.0...

Why version 4.0 when it seems so similar? Primarily because there have been significant advances with things like the battery.dll and video quality and a few other biggies since version 3.0. This is also a new version of Sense. Even though I agree that it's the S.O.S.

So choosing a wallpaper is one of the things that kept me from releasing this a couple of days ago. I was trying to find a new one on zedge.net and the like and nothing was standing out at me. I'd always liked this one, and just kept coming back to it. It is where I'd like to be, sitting in a chair on one of those porches overlooking that gorgeous ocean and sunset. Everytime I see this pic it gives me a tiny bit of peace inside.
I also just thinks it makes a great background. It adds some color, but too much. It's a lighter picture, but you can read all the font just fine.

In my quest to make the ROM more user friendly without CHT, I added a Weather Animation On-Off toggle switch in the Action Links folder. When you're not using CHT and you change wallpaper the weather will always start. The only way I knew to turn it off was to go in the registry. That's a pain in the ass.

So, I made this mortscript to toggle it on and off. I still have work to do on it though. At the moment, if you use it with CHT it will immediately stop the weather. If you're not using CHT and you press it, it will stop the weather, but the weather will remain on the screen frozen. You simply need to go to another tab and then go back to the home tab and the weather will be gone and off. I'm not sure how CHT manages to get the Home tab to automatically refresh itself like that. I've seen a couple of references to some apps that I may be able to link to that mortscript to make it automatically refresh as well, but that would have held things up even longer. I would also like to figure out how to link two different icons to my mortscript so that I can use one for when weather animation is ON and one for when it's OFF. Again, I'm sure I can figure it out, it just would have held things up longer.

I've been running this new Sense for a few days now and I'm fairly certain that I've worked all the kinks out. I, however, am seasoned enough to know better. So please let me know of any new issues, if any, that you may find.

I added a bit of 'sharkieness' to my splash screens. I can post the other one for those that like that one better. Let me know.

I am aware that the 'Internet" title font on the Internet Tab is slightly blurred or overlapped, I'm not sure which. I've dug around in the files and I can't figure out why this is happening. This first happened with 2019. kjhadfield provided a transparent internet search bar that worked great with 2019. Apparently it doesn't like 2021. As soon as I find a transparent mod for this that doesn't cause this text issue, I'll post it here. If any of you find one first, please do the same. Thanks!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-16-2011 at 12:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.