View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Should i buy this phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoM0713 View Post
i just dont want to buy a phone and then a better one comes out in a month lol...
You'll be waiting for the zombie apocalypse then, since something better is always coming out in a month...

From a hardware standpoint, Shift blows TP2 out of the water. The WM to Android switch has been very hard for me, since I'm a hard core business user (that means a lot of email accounts) and I don't play games on my phone. But if you can make that switch, the Shift is great IMHO. It's very pocketable - more so than the TP2, and after a month of use I actually like the keyboard better with the exception of that missing number row.

It's going to take awhile for anything announced this month or next to make it to store shelves (like summer time at the earliest), at least I'd assume so, like B&T said. If you can wait that long, great, but don't forget that by that time you're probably going to see iPhone 5 with some cool new stuff that everybody will start to want and then a slew of new Android things that will make you want to wait until 2012, and by then maybe even Windows Phone will start to look like a contender.

I suppose one way to look at it is to think about how long you tend to hang onto phones, how much you can afford, and what level Sprint Premier you'll be at (since they're reducing the new phone discount for Silver members to once every 2 years now). I haven't even looked at my formerly-overclocked TP2 since getting the Shift, though.