Thread: Galaxy S 2!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Galaxy S 2!!!

Now I know you all probably seen the articles out there but just wanted to single out all the "interesting" stuff..

1ghz Dual Core Exynox(Orion) processor

There are 2 versions of this processor...a 45nm version and a 32nm(Hercules) version..since Samsung is not advertising that its 32nm or 45nm (Tegra 2 is 40nm)..I am assuming its the 45nm version

I also found it weird that there will be a none dual core version in some countries :/..but US will prob have dual core where it comes here..

Super AMOLED Plus

Its a 4.27" screen to be exact..no more Pen-Tile aka no more jaggedness..its also 18% more efficient over regular Super AMOLED (there is no white subpixel so white would still consume extra energy over other colors)..I have seen it in person and its definitely brighter! and does better in sunlight..could not find the exact numbers for those sorry :/

MALI 400 GPU

Quad GPU and has 3200M pix/s. is what they are advertising..its an ARM Mali-400 MP I think, the official GPU of ARM..now here is the deal..ARM is advertising a 4 core to be at ~1100M pix/s..which would mean they must have added something...

ARM advertises 30M triangles/s on a single core..based on numbers I would estimate 120M triangles/s on a 4 core..and if customizations really make it almost 3x faster..like the pixel fill rate..it may mean performance up to 350M triangles/sec..these are all "guesses" based on info available...

1650mah Battery

which is a step up I guess...

Quad Band 3g and HSPA+

Yup, you can run the international 3g version on AT&T and most carriers in Canada!!! and have HSPA+ aka 4g!!!

HSPA+ 21Mbps/ HSUPA 5.76Mbps
EDGE/ GPRS Class 12
Quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Quad band UMTS 850/900/1900/2100

16GB and 32GB versions?

it looks like it will come with 16gb and 32gb versions! I am guessing its using the new MoviNAND chips that are 20nm...(over the 30nm)..will have to find a source to confirm this but Samsung claimed to start using them 2010Q4..so no reason they aren't being used here..

Other cool stuff

2MP front camera which I think is overkill for a phone but can't hurt if there is an option for lowering it to save bandwidth...

They teamed up with Cisco to offer better Enterprise support!

USB 2.0 OTG - That means built in USB Host support!

Thinest handset yet! 125.3X66.1X8.49mm

For more info go here:

Samsung GALAXY S II

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 02-14-2011 at 04:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.