afolayan702
PPCGeeks Regular

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nokia says NO to google ! And says YES to Windows phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Also I wonder how other WP7 partners are going to react to this..I mean Nokia is going to get a competitive advantage on them..all hardware must be approved by M$ first..which gives Nokia an edge over all other manufacturers in my view :/
If HTC, Samsung, Dell want to get chippy with having Nokia onboard- tough $*#%. IMO they used lower end device specs(just bare minimum specs besides what Microsoft required) and still managed to sell some. I know I would love to own one on my carrier either way, but the "complete finish" on the available handsets leaves something to be desired, some might say it would have been great specs if released in 2009.

Nokia is welcomed. They clearly need to come hard with Windows Phone and will not slack on making sure that they offer a highend Windows Phone handset like this for example:
Exclusive: Nokia's Windows Phone 7 concept revealed! -- Engadget

A concept yes, but doesnt't look like an Android cousin such as HD7. Rush24 of wmpoweruser(and was a guest on PPCGeeks Podcast 2.3.11) highlighted what Nokia will bring not only to Microsoft but all the other Window Phone OEMs:
Thoughts on the Nokia-Microsoft Alliance

Obviously it will take time: 2012 before we can hold a handset, but if it pushes other OEMs to step their game up, or get the heck out the way.