View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Nokia says NO to google ! And says YES to Windows phone

I personally think this is sad news..I REALLY wanted MeeGO to work out...I like Android yes..but I wanted options in the open source market and I was hoping MeeGo was it...I guess now I have no choice but only choosing Android :/

I really find this quote ironic though:

"Elop suggested that there were "too many players" in Android, and that Nokia’s concern was that it “couldn’t differentiate products."

Overall I think this is a big win for M$, but a big lose to Nokia...Nokia has been a really big supporter of Open Source...even as far as allowing dual boot phones..(which is not common for big manufacturers)..to switch to a close platform may cost Nokia a lot of their base..

I really hope that in the end of the day they still Decide to go with MeeGo!

Also I wonder how other WP7 partners are going to react to this..I mean Nokia is going to get a competitive advantage on them..all hardware must be approved by M$ first..which gives Nokia an edge over all other manufacturers in my view :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)