View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
racedog
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nokia says NO to google ! And says YES to Windows phone

Nokia had no choice but to make some radical decisions and moves. They are a once dominant company who's Symbian OS was the major player not all that long ago. Their market share has been dropping faster than a brick off the Empire State building. The choice of both Microsoft and Nokia to team up does not come from any position of strength at all. Its pretty much an admission of incredible weakness and a banding together in hopes of surviving for both.

Whilel I left WinMO during the 6.5 days and before Windows Phone 7, after after using WinPhone 7 I wasn't enticed in any way to return back to MS. I tried an iphone for awhile and it was a nice phone but it sure wasn't for me. Then I moved on to Android, and after some "getting used to" time I've pretty much adopted that as my OS of choice right now.

For the future I will move wherever I want to as far as an OS goes but until MS takes WinPhone 7 to a whole new level it won't be in contention again and unless Apple gets lead out of their a$$ in terms of such a locked down OS I won't even look there again.

R