View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Walt
PPCGeeks Regular

Walt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
I have QuickGPS working just fine on my Fathom. I use GoogleMaps and Waze and both work just fine with QuickGPS.
When you run QuickGPS, does it error out, or does it just appear to not lock on to a sat?
I get an error msg that QuickGPS cannot connect to the internet (which it needs to do, to download the latest satellite position tables). Or more correctly, to the data server. The versions of QuickGPS I tried, attempt to use either the HTC (Touch Pro) server or the Samsung (Omni) server, and both seem to reject a data request from an LG phone.

Just to note, the reason it can take so long for GPS to "lock", is the time it can take to slowwwwwwwly download the latest tables, especially if it has to download the entire tables, directly from a satellite. QuickGPS downloads the tables from the internet instead, and does it even when you aren't using GPS just to ensure your local copies are up-to-date and ready for when you do go to use your GPS.

Could you please provide a copy, or a link, to the version of QuickGPS (there are so MANY), that works OK on your Fathom?

Last edited by Walt; 02-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.