View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
AZTECHKA
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I use a HTC Touch Pro with no data plan on Sprint

To get a definite answer you'll have to go in and ask... You have some good points.. . However... From what I understand... Sprint will not activate that phone without a data plan being attached to it.

It's doable... But if you forget to turn data off... The phone will incur several minutes of data access and you'll be on the phone with sprint explaining that you didn't access the internet and that you would like to have the charges removed and so on and so forth... That phone is data intensive... Weather, stocks, mail, twitter, etc...
They would rather sell you a texting phone than the tp2. It doesn't mean you can't get one on ebay and use it on wifi only... I still have mine and my wife's old TP2s serving their purpose at home... Mostly for slacker radio and youtube... But active nonetheless.

So the short answer you're likely to get here is no... You can't.
You may want to try to convince Sprint otherwise... But I really doubt it will happen.
Let us know how it goes and if you are able to get your way.
Good luck bro.
p.