Threadstarter

LinkRS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Upgrade Suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkRS View Post
Hi Everyone,

After a year of frustration with my HTC Touch Pro 2 (primarily due to MS abandoning Windows Mobile, after they said they wouldn't ), Verizon is allowing me to upgrade on Feb 9th. My initial thought, is that I should grab the new iPhone 4, since it becomes avaialble on 10 Feb, but was wondering what other's people's opinions were on this subject. I really loved my TP2 up until last summer, as that was when apps started dropping off the face of the planet, and everythign was going to the iPhone and Android platforms.

What I want in a Smart Phone:

Great call quality (for some reason my TP2 doesn't have this, but it dd when I was living in Colorado?)
App avaliability (this is what my TP2 lacks)
Hardware keyboard (if it is good enough, a software keyboard would work, I understand the keyboard on the iPhone is quite good)
Outlook Contact Syncing (or a seemless work-around, such as using iTunes with the iPhone)
Good build quality
Plenty of storage space (at least 8 GBs, or upgradeable storage)

What current smartphones meet this requirements (in your humble opinions )?

I understand some of the Droid phones are pretty good, but some (such as the original Droid) did not sync with Outlook without jumping through hoops, or requireing me moving my personal contacts to the cloud.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Rich S.
Hi Everyone,

Feb is here hooray and I get to upgrade my phone this coming Wednesday, and it looks like I am leaning towards a 32GB iPhone 4. I would really like a keyboard, but the only devices that seem to have these now are BlackBerry's and the Droid2 and DroidPro. However, the Droid models are kind of old news now, and until RIM can figure out how to increase app storage space, they are not a viable option for me. Does anyone know of an Evo "like" phone for Verizon that is out now? Or any other good phones that aren't "old" news now. Thanks in advance!

Rich S.