View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 04:45 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1031
Hi! I just got a new phone and I want to give my Touch Pro 2 to a friend. He only wants to use it as a Pocket PC, so I'd like to completely disable the phone portion of the device. This way he can never try activating the phone (he is a special needs individual so I can't be sure he won't try to activate the phone). Is there any way to disable the phone and continue using it as a Pocket PC? Thanks!
You could do this:

1. Open Registry Editor - Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\EPST - DWord entry PreferMode = 4 (Automatic)
2. Change Value to 10 (HDR Only)
3. Exit Registry editor
4. Turn Airplane Mode ON
5. Turn WiFi On

This will disable the phone radio and allow WiFi connection for internet access. If the radio is re-enabled then only an EV connection can be used so no calls or texts can be made.