View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM
lnando84
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: BLUE SK-i for CHT - Advanced CHT Theme with many new features

How to: Weather Screen

1. Weather Background widget
2. Modified CHT Standalone Weather Widget
3. Modified BL Group Weather Widget V3
4. Internet Bookmark Freelink

I love this screen! When I'm running Android I use Palmary Weather and whilst this isn't as complete it looks just as good!

The first thing to do is install the modified CHT weather widget attached to this post. If you already have the original version installed then you must uninstall it first, soft reset, then install this new version. The new version now contains a third layout option (the original two are still there and unaffected) which is shown in the screenshot.

BL Group Weather Widget Mod:

You also need to make sure you have the BL Group Weather Widget V3 installed. I tried to decompile the lua scripts from Moonah's widget cab to edit them and add this as an additional layout option but didn't have any luck so I have ended up editing the mode9 file instead. This is fine for this theme which uses the 5-day forecast with Detail layout, but the changes also affect all of the other layouts which mean they are all messed up a bit. I have posted in Moonah's thread asking for the widget kitchen so I could edit the raw scripts and remake the cab but he hasn't replied and as you can't PM him I am stuck with this solution for now. Now you need to open your registry editor again and find out which widget slot the BL Weather Widget is installed to on your phone (HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila and scroll down to CHTI.AddonWidgets.Slot? and look for BL_Weather. Take a note of the slot number.

In the zip folder you'll find a subfolder named BL Weather Mode9. You need to open the Widget Mode9 Filenames.txt and rename the manila file to match the filename required for the slot you have the widget installed in. Then simply copy/overwrite the renamed file to \Windows on you device and restart Sense. Then add the widget to the Weather screen and select one of the 5-Day with Detail layouts.

The edits to the layout have basically removed the current day icon and temp, removed the black dropshadow, resized and correctly aligned the day name in the details section and sorted out a few minor spacing and alignment issues. Although the current icon and temp have been removed in the upper section of the widget the detail section remains unchanged so it defaults to showing the current weather info, and returns back to it after a timeout if you press on the any of the four forecast icons to show those days detailed info.

The final preparation is to open your Opera browser and browse to your favourite online weather source. For me it is bbc.co.uk/weather and then set my home town as the default location and show the current 24 hour forecast. You then need to save it as a favourite, navigate to the Sense Internet tab and add it there as a Favourite Bookmark. Then you need to open your File Manager and go to \Windows\Thumbnail. In there you will find pngs of the mini screen captures that Sense uses for the Internet Tab favourites. Identify which one is the screencapture of your weather favourite and replace the png with the 'more weather online' png included in the zip. To do this you need to rename the 'more weather' png with exactly the same name as the one you've just identified (it is a very long name that will look something like {94CA7D97-ACD4-15CE-59F1-3E6170C59991}.png! Then copy your renamed more weather png into the Thumbnail folder and overwrite. (Thanks to Framwella for the info on how to do this - HERE)

Now build your screen - background first then CHT Weather widget ('Modified' layout option), then BL Weather Widget (5-Day with Detail layout option) and finally add the Bookmark freelink you have just saved.

And there you have it - a full featured weather screen with animated current icon which links to either the Sense weather tab or whichever weather app you have specified in CHTE, a four day forecast with details, and a quick link to your favourite online weather service

The weather theme shown in the screenshots is based on the Tick weather icon sit by xiao4 on deviantArt. The Sense weather skin is not complete but most of the common weather conditions are covered. Nordpolcamper and I are still working to finish the complete skin, but in the meantime what is ready is included in the zip as a cab file so you can uninstall if you want the original Sense weather back. Credit for the Tick skin for the BL widget goes to Mr BeOTP2 who created it for Windroid a few themes back. This skin is also included in the zip - just install the cab and it will overwrite the existing icon set in \Program Files\TitaniumWeather\Spil. If you want to keep the original Sense weather then there is a Sense style icon set for the BL widget by sodycc HERE - you'd need uninstall the widget first then reinstall using his cab, then overwrite the mode9 file as described.

If you want more weather info then click on the DDT Weatherpanel link in my signature and follow the instructions to add it as your CHT weather app.

2/7/11 - If you are having problems with the MinimalWeather widget showing a white square where the temp should be then download the MinimalWeather Fix zip, extract and overwrite the manila file to Windows on your phone, restart Sense and issue should be resolved - apologies, just a problem with the dimensions of the qtc image (I should have known better )

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.