View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM
lnando84
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: BLUE SK-i for CHT - Advanced CHT Theme with many new features

How to: Friends Screen

1. Friends Background
2. New All People Addon Link
3. Contact Freelinks
4. Social Networking App Freelinks
5. RSS Widget Mod showing Facebook status feed
6. Facebook app freelink

OK, so this screen is pretty simple to set up. Obviously you need the background widgets correctly installed then first off place the Friends Background widget on screen.

Number two is another new Addon link - this time it provides direct access to the All People contacts page. It has always bugged me that the People tab in Sense only initially takes you to the Favourite Contacts page, where actually I use the full Contacts (All People) page much more. So I created this new link. Download and install the link cab and soft reset. You will then find it in the Add Free Link menu in the Miscellaneous section, named Contacts. In this theme I have used a different icon which is attached to this post. After you have installed the link just download the new icon and copy/overwrite it to \Windows on your phone. Then place it in the top left of the background as shown.

Next place as many Contact freelinks as you like (it is designed to take 9, but if you scale the links down you can fit 16 or even 25 in!

Then I placed the two freelinks in the top right. The Skype icon is a Program Freelinks to the Skype app, and the Twitter one is the Twitter tab link.

Using the RSS widget to display your Facebook updates is pretty straightforward. I followed there instructions for THIS post in the CHT thread:

1.) While logged into facebook go to Login | Facebook

2.)Click on "My Friends Notes" in the right column under "Subscribe to These Notes". The page that open should have a url beginning PPCGeeks.com ยป. followed by something like: facebook.com/feeds/friends_notes.php?id=12345678&key=123e4567d&format =rss20

3.)In the url address bar replace "friends_notes.php" with "friends_status.php"

4.)The finished url will look something like: facebook.com/feeds/friends_status.php?id=12345678&key=123e4567d&forma t=rss20 with the id and key being unique to your account.

(RSS Script for your friends Facebook Status Feeds)

5. Open the RSS Hub and add a new channel using the 'I know the Channels URL (RSS)' option and enter the url you have just found. I then named the channel 'Facebook' and clicked Finish.

6. If you only want your Facebook feed to show you need to delete any other channels you have in the Hub.

You need to have Poyensa's modified Resizeable RSS Widget installed (attached below) - if you already have the original RSS widget installed then uninstall it first and install the new one. Once you have the widget installed you need to install the BLUE SK-i skin which adds in Poyensa's mod allowing you to specify the colours for the Header and Text. It also adds in the two required registry entries (CHT.RSS.TitleColor and CHT.RSS.TextColor), sets the colours as shown and adds the transparent qtc files to remove the widget background and RSS icon.

You'll need a Sense restart to make the changes take effect, then add the RSS widget with 4 lines visible.

Finally place a Program freelink for the Facebook app and make it small enough to fit as shown.

Now a touch on the facebook icon opens the Facebook app, and a tough on the text opens the RSS feed as usual.

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.