View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Focus Vs Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuaced View Post
I have had a curiousity since I saw the samsung captivate or (galaxy s series) being the exact same phone as the samsung focus.
Its not the same device...The Focus has an old snapdragon processor, the captivate has a Hummingbird processor

Quote:
Would their be a way to port windows phone 7 software into a captivate?
The answer is no..not because its impossible but because no one will actually do the porting since they don't want to to sued by M$..Android is open source hence you see all the ports.

Quote:
Seems like it would be plausible just curious if anyone was in the stage of thinking about it or is windows phone software to new to even mess with at this point.
The WP7 software is new yes..but to note its not a pocketpc type OS..its a locked platform similar to the iphone..aka you can't control or customize much...we have a section for WP7 and if you want more info try there..

Quote:
The reason I even ask is I went on ebay and bid on a lot of 3 captivates and ended up winning all 3 but at this moment AT&T hasn't taken over the alltel in my city although they said that it would happen by june last year and here we are getting it pushed back once again to april. So i have rooted and flashed one captivate, and have 2 to kind of play around with but than again it was just a thought , would be cool to just swap one of my others into a windows phone and be able to play with them both since i got the lot for a pretty good deal lol
Um..3?!?! lol..well there really is no reason to have 3 of them...unless you want to give them to friends/relatives...so you can try to do an exchange of 1 of them via craglist or this site's bargain trader

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)