View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Hacking cellular radio for increased network capabilities?

if your staying in US, youll only be able to use EDGE, not 3G...

Now its been several years since my "bad days", but I did learn this... Cell Phones have a fail safe against Cloning in certain fashions.. you try to program the wrong Frequency, BOOM! device is toast... this is a Federal Mandate I believe to help combat CLONING.. ill look for some links to support this

Im also willing to bet that the PRL and the RADIO are what you need to mod or find the right ones of,not the SPL... the SPL has been severly looked over the past few years for the Unlockers, someone wouldve noticed if you could do a simple mod like this to hack networks..

now, Sprint and VZW use CDMA: Dual-band 850/1900MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO rev. A, and IS-95A/B voice or data... GSM side uses 800/900/1800/1900 and WCDMA2100...

and unless you use that carriers branded device, your not getting on anyones HSPA+/3G network, SIM unlock or no SIM unlock.. sorry