View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 AM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good time to leave TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieglen View Post
The second TP2 I purchased on Ebay arrived today; I was a little bit dissapointed. I paid significantly more for this phone because the seller said that it had only been used a month and was in immaculate condition. It must have been a hard month. Personally, I plan on keeping my phones a long time, so I use things like screen protectors and snap-on plastic cases to protect my phones. Not everyone else does this. The other phone is in significantly better shape. This one came with the SIM card for international use, it also activated with no problems, so I will count my blessings.

This phone had the stock Sprint 6.5 rom and I am guessing that the previous owner had some difficulties. All of the settings had been messed with; I had to do a hard reset to get it working right. There have been no problems since. I am planning on trying some of the other ROMs to avoid the difficulties with the stock Sprint 6.5 rom that have been described by others. So Eric thank you very much for the suggestions.

This phone is for my wife and she is very happy with it despite being used to carrying the much smaller A-900 Blade. She started working with the browsers, the calendar, and games. She had nothing but smiles.

I have played a bit with the 4g phones at the Sprint store and also with my friends phones at work. There is no way that I could justify giving up my old plan and doubling the cost of my service for occasional 4g speeds, more memory and processor power. Smarter people than me have spent a lot of time figuring out ways to get the most out of their TP2s and have shared their knowledge on the forums. This makes the phone more valuable; it is one of the reasons that I was able to stick with a PPC-6700 for 5 years.
u can stay with that stock ROM just to see how problematic it is. i don't get how Sprint could've released it knowing there was so many issues with it and if u try to mention that to them they will sound dumbfounded and try to replace the phone. if they released this ROM to keep people away from this phone it certainly is working. don't know y there's so much animosity towards MS products out there.