View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is this in the task manager?

gwes.exe is a system process and stands for Graphics, Windowing and Events Subsystem. With 6.5(.x) it takes up a lot of memory and 'grows' over time. gera229, you can use more then one browser on your phone. Opera Mini doesn't work with every website, though I use it 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time, I just use regular Opera. If you're worried about hotmail, why not set it up and use the phone's email? I think you can even use Windows Live and have push mail with your hotmail account. I've written forum posts using Opera Mini, and they work just fine. It may just be an issue on your setup, but if it only happens in opera mini...I don't really know what to think. Maybe try a different keyboard and see if the error still occurs.

eric needs to find something more productive to do other then saying everything that is different from his preferences is bad (like maybe learn how to make his own ROM or write a better sense modification himself). CHT is a great sense addition, as proven by the vast number of people using it. Sure there may be bugs, but cookiemonster made it in his spare time and offered it to everyone for free. The amount of coding required and tools he created by far outweigh what anyone else in the community has done recently.

Eric, if you don't like it, that's fine. You just need to realize you're in the minority given the amount of ROMs that use CHT vs those that don't. If it was so horrible, it wouldn't be so popular.
This post has been thanked 2 times.