View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 02:55 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emurill31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysmai View Post
Active sync (not as removable) to your pc. In your file explorer if in windows do folder options and do both view hidden files and below that system files. see if it pops up then
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
The htc cm guardian file is located in the main Windows folder.
I recommend you download and run Shaggylive's CM Killer here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/windows-mo...st1203597.html

Download it to your device to My Documents folder then put your device in Airplane mode(radio off) and then click on it to run it.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the replies...

Well so far I've been able to determine that my phone might be inhabited by the spirit of Beelzebub or something of the sort!! I was able to view system files through active sync but still don't see any HTC_CM_Guardian.exe anywhere... not on startup folder or anywhere else.

I tried the other suggestion (HTC_CM_Guardian.exe KILLER)... it did run (on airplaine mode as you suggested), and after installing it did confirm "HTC_Guardian has been slain"... but after it soft resets and my phone starts agains... voila! VERIZON WIRELESS is again the default data network...
Ok, now change your settings to the way you want and see if they stick. If the cm killer ran and finished like it did then your cm guardian exe has been replaced by a dummy 0KB file which won't do anything.