View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 AM
TheDJK
Lurker

TheDJK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 ROM + Bootloader + How-To

I loaded it onto my HD2 last night, and I really wish I could keep it longer. It FLIES compared to WM6.5, and I like the 720p video (even if it's a bit short on settings). I also didn't miss the annoying sync issue with video playback on WM6.5. There are just a couple reasons I can't make it my regular OS right now:
1) The ability to tether is mandatory. We're going through a snow storm right now, and my home broadband has been flaky all day. Gotta have a Plan B.
2) I HATE the notion of having to import my Outlook contacts into Windows Live to get them onto the phone. I've never been a fan of having all my personal info on the cloud, and I don't use Windows Live for anything else.
3) Zune Desktop is unimpressive. I only use it because I must.
4) I don't feel like going through all the drama of getting Live services to work. And many of the extra apps aren't included in the ROM. I was kinda looking forward to checking out Netflix on it. Oh well, maybe later. (BTW, how does the whole MS activation thing work?)
5) Whenever I would shut the phone down, I had to pull the battery to get it to come back on. It would then boot up fine, but it was a pain pulling my hard case off the phone repeatedly. Did I miss something?

Still, I'm happy to see that a (mostly) working WP7 on the HD2 is now a reality. Looking forward to the next wave of improvements.