View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: New and need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldX View Post
Hi, i'm new to all of this. I'm confused as to what all the lingo means "rom" "cab" ect. I don't know what i need to access certain content on my phone or what the sense 6.5 stuff means. I've been assuming on most of this stuff, but i figure it's time i asked the pros what to do.
cab - installer comparable to exe

ROM - you 'flash' ROMs to get different OS versions, graphics, pre loaded apps, sounds, themes, etc

unlock - making it so your device can Flash Custom Roms

Flash - the process for replacing ROMs or Radios

Sense - an HTC innovation.. heavily skinned "shell" for winMO 6.5

anything else?