View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
madkoopa
PPCGeeks Regular

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Calling!

I'm starting this thread for my dad, who got the Imagio on my recommendation (i wanted him to get the TP2, but they arent available anymore at VZ stores). I regret getting him that phone now, but its too late at this point.

He pocket calls all the time. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. He will do something with the phone, then just put it in his shirt pocket and it will somehow make calles. I used S2U2 and set it as the favorite button, so all he had to do was press it and it would lock, but he still forgets to do that sometimes. And I cant just set the 'turn screen off' to 10 seconds because he regularly needs to look at the phone for longer than 10 seconds for whatever reason.

Is there anyway to activate the phone Lock based on the proximity sensor? So when he puts it in his pocket it locks itself. It will poll the proximity sensor every 10 seconds and if it detects something in front of it, it will active the lock.
If there is no such program for touch screen phones that have no dedicated "lock" button, this should definetly be a must.