View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
brownhornet
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
You made a couple valid points. Keep in mind though, that MS isn't stupid. They have TONS of people doing marketing and research on this, and it goes WAY beyond the PPCG or XDA communities. In all reality, we are the minority. And seeing as these communities will find ways to hack and customize whatever they put out anyways, why would they put a whole lot of weight into our opinion?

Also keep in mind that MS doesn't just barge into a market, blow up the competition right off the bat, and own it until the next big thing. They take it over slowly, methodically, and it sticks.

Also, while it's true that people are signing new 24 month contracts all the time, people are also finishing contracts at about the same rate, so it's a wash.

So while we would all (myself included) would like to think that we know better than MS, at the end of the day MS is a multi-billion dollar company, and we're just a few people that don't own multi-billion tech companies.

Well how did that turn out with windows mobile? I said before I dont know ANYONE that has a windows phone. I went in tmobile the other day and people werent even paying it any attention. Everyone was looking at the mytouch.