View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Here's my 2ยข...

Microsoft can dump 1 or $10 Billion into advertising until it's blue in the face, this phone won't be anywhere near as successful as the iPhone or Android is so they need to release it with WiMax or LTE variant radios to stand a chance.

The iPhone has a specific user base so they'll take it 2G, 3G or otherwise (yes they're crazy like that) and Android has a specific user base as well AND it's already available in WiMAX now and very soon for LTE. Microsoft is going to need to have some gimmick that has to be better than just promoting the OS with a measly 5,000 apps, compared to the 200,000 that Apple and Android has.

As I said before, I won't be a beta tester for Microsoft and this OS is just too new for me, if they drop it into 3G only phones after waiting 3+ years, you might as well wait until the hardware catches up with 4G because Android already has it, the iPhone 5 might have some new radio by the summer, so why give Microsoft anything for coming in last place with technology that THEY chose themselves when they decided to closed the platform down as they did.

I'm still very curious to see what happens now, but I just feel that they waited to long to produce so little that they have been left behind in the competition. These phones must have something "WOW" like that the others don't, to stand out or else they will lose sales. WiMAX and 4G are limited releases right now so this is more or less the only time left to strike.

The only other thing to mention is that, with all the carriers extending the time for upgrades, every day Microsoft and the carriers delay releasing this phone, more and more people are signing up for another 20 to 24 month contracts so it's going to be a slow 2 years for Microsoft no matter what happens.