View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
nsa_sailor
PPCGeeks Regular

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Turn Off Data Connection When Idle

Old post, I know but...

I just found this post, because I was suspecting something like this when my phone gets warm even when all the running programs are closed out.

But I have a question on the data icons in the notification bar. When data is not active the signal meter icon displays an antenna and the signal strength. When data is active, it displays opposing arrows above the signal strength. When I changed the registry to these settings, the opposings arrows turn grey after (supposedly) a minute (I haven't timed it, but that is what I have timeout set too) but never revert to the antenna icon. If I open the communications page, even when the arrows are grey, the data connection is still "on". When I turn it off here, then the icon goes back to the antenna.
So the question is, does this actually turn off the data connection? From what I see in the communications page, it doesn't, but maybe it disables it? What is going on?