View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 PM
yankees45us
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
I got a shift about 2 weeks ago, I just returned it yesterday and went back to my Mogul. For me...

Pro's:
Size of phone/screen size is just right
Keyboard is really nice, has cool shortcut buttons like the , and .com
Sense is a reallu cool UI
Market makes it simple to get apps

Cons
Volume rocker is in the worst, most annoying place possible. I hated hitting that thing every time the keyboard was opened or closed.

Battery life sucked, hard.

Android lauching things in the background is the dumbest OS decision I'v ever seen. Lets take a device that has limited CPU and battery power and randomly launch apps in the background. What a boneheaded decision.

Screen is WAY to reflective, and way to glare-y

Phone unlocks by itself when the keyboard is slid out, defeating the purpose of a lock screen.

Dropping signal when holding the phone

The market makes it easy to find wha you need. Compared to WM, it;s a godsend

To be fair, that describes every smartphone launched on every carrier ever.

Thats something wrong with the phone then, my proximity sensor always worked fine.

Sorry you did that, you can export contacts from Windows Mobile in vcard format, then iport them into Gmail, and they come over exactly the same. Don't use a CSV file, gmail sucks at importing those

Yeah, that was all annoying too
I may understand returning the shift and going back to another android. But going back to the mogul? Thats just no competition. Not in a million years is the shift that bad. Unless your doing it to get your upgrade back. I played with my friends shift and its faster and slightly smoother than my evo. I just can't see returning it for the mogul, unless your doing it to keep your $150 discount.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417