Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
badmoon8081
N00b
Threadstarter

badmoon8081 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DCIM "pictures" disappeared?

ok, ok. I just noticed a file called "lost.dir" on my sd card that had a ton of unreadable files. I took my sd card out of my phone and placed it in my pc. The photos are still misssing in the DCIM folder when I look using my PC. However, I can open the lost.dir files using "windows photo gallery" and "boo yea" they are my photos! So I copied the entire lost.dir folder to my PC for now. However, the files can't just be open normally on my pc. I have to select which program I want to use every time I click on a file cause it doesnt recognize it. Once I choose the photo gallery program the photos pop up like nothing ever happened to them. Do I now need to convert them all somehow to a photo format and then place them back on my SD card?

I also did some research and found that the lost.dir folder on your sd card is some type of temporary recycle bin mostly used with macs. This would make sense as to why the files are still on my phone but I can't access them on my phone and now have a tone of free space on my SD card.