View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM
emkorial
PPCGeeks Regular

emkorial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pros and Cons of Evo Shift

I got a shift about 2 weeks ago, I just returned it yesterday and went back to my Mogul. For me...

Pro's:
Size of phone/screen size is just right
Keyboard is really nice, has cool shortcut buttons like the , and .com
Sense is a reallu cool UI
Market makes it simple to get apps

Cons
Volume rocker is in the worst, most annoying place possible. I hated hitting that thing every time the keyboard was opened or closed.

Battery life sucked, hard.

Android lauching things in the background is the dumbest OS decision I'v ever seen. Lets take a device that has limited CPU and battery power and randomly launch apps in the background. What a boneheaded decision.

Screen is WAY to reflective, and way to glare-y

Phone unlocks by itself when the keyboard is slid out, defeating the purpose of a lock screen.

Dropping signal when holding the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by markli View Post
Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G

Cons - You need to download an application for any additional function you would like to use. Sure it sounds annoying but what is even more annoying is that the good ones you either have to pay for or they contain google ads.
The market makes it easy to find wha you need. Compared to WM, it;s a godsend

Quote:
- There are way too many useless programs that come with the Sprint version you can not delete unless you root it from what I am told. I will never use the Kindel feature or that Amazon Mp3 feature or someother programs I find dumb.
To be fair, that describes every smartphone launched on every carrier ever.

Quote:
- When in call if my face touches the screen it ends the call. For some reason my phone screen is still active even if its up to my ear and if my cheek touches the screen it will end the call.
Thats something wrong with the phone then, my proximity sensor always worked fine.

Quote:
- You can not transfer over your contacts from the TP2 to the Evo Shit. The Evo Shift uses Gmail. You have to export your TP2 contacts to a csv file and then export them to Gmail. When I did this I had to go and rewrite all my 900+ contacts. For some reason Gmail writes the contacts all different. Well at least for me. I spent way too many hours retyping them all.
Sorry you did that, you can export contacts from Windows Mobile in vcard format, then iport them into Gmail, and they come over exactly the same. Don't use a CSV file, gmail sucks at importing those

Quote:
- The contact tab on the OS is a pain in the ass. It took me forever to figure out how to use it all.

- Being a Gmail contact setup Gmail makes Groups I will never use and I can not delete them.

- Any old notes from WM devices can not be veiwed properally on Android.
Yeah, that was all annoying too