View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 AM
cmajewsk
VIP Member
Threadstarter

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bandwidth Usage Monitoring

That is very interesting, thanks for passing that along. It seems that AccuWeather uses Akamai to distribute their weather forecasts. That makes sense as they need have a global distribution presence.

What is strange is that the app doesn’t stop talking and continually uses data. Even using the “Data Controller” app within NRG ROM’s it will not stop it if you set the inactivity timeout value, since really there is no inactivity! I have tried the BL Group Weather app on a few different ROM’s so it must be happening to others. I wonder if people using that app have noticed their data usage has increased. Back in the day of unlimited data (SERO), I wouldn’t have cared or even noticed. But having a 1GB cap I notice. And over here Etisalat does not cut you off when you go over, but will then dig into whatever amount of credit your SIM has on it for voice calls depleting that within hours – 20AED for each 1MB – which is about $5.40 US per megabyte.
This post has been thanked 1 times.