N00b
Threadstarter

LinkRS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrade Suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
aww ur on VZW if u were on sprint I'd tell u to go for the wp7 pro, vzw is getting the mozart i think so maybe u should consider that. theres nothing wrong with the cloud, MS respects privacy unlike google. the iPhone doesnt sync with outlook without some 3rd party software that u have to pay for. and dont be spoiled by apps on other platforms, we can get around in WM just fine without a yelp app etc as there are equivalents or even the webpages. all apps are anyway are just graphical interfaces of the mobile webpages and they dont have all the features anyway. MS isnt abandoning WM theyre merging it into windows embedded and they recently updated the bing (1/2) ,facebook and myspace apps.
Hi Eric12341,

Thanks for the info! The call qualty here in Texas, and the lack of apps are the two primary problems I have with my TP2. I really liked this phone when I got it, but now, there are no apps for it! All of the developers are targeting iPhones and Android, and some are actually going after WP7, but poor WM is being left out. Prim examples are the worthless Facebook App, and the NFL app (from Verizon). The FB app is unreliable and does not show most of the embedded links. Verizon doesn't even make their NFL app available to Windows Mobile. There are tons and tons of apps that I would love to have (Google SkyMap, NFL, real FB app, several games, guitar tuners, etc ...) that either have no WM peers, or very poor substitutes. MS may not have abandoned WM, but it sure seems that way.

From what I understand, Verizon will not be getting WP7 until around June, and I don't want to wait another 5 months, so I am looking somethign that is avaialble now, or by the 10th of Feb.

Thanks again, I will look into the Mozart!

Rich S.