View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 PM
morrowa2
PPCGeeks Regular

morrowa2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Detailed How To Edit The WM Registry Guide

Thank you so much for the tutorial! This is a gem for noobs like myself. I have a Verizon XV6800, and pretty comfortable editing the registry at this point. I was wondering if there is a good tutorial out there for "flashing ROMs" I see these ROM's all over the forums, mentioning ROM "cookers" "kitchens" "flashing to original ROM" and I have no idea what any of these terms mean. I don't even know what "ROM" or "flash" means. Is there a good tutorial out there you could reccommend for a semi-noob. A couple of questions I have. Is there an advantage to flashing to a new ROM over installing desired programs to the original ROM, and "tweaking" the original registry??? Where does one obtain the orignal Verizon ROM? Would I have to lose all my personal information and the currently installed programs? Hobbes, please point me in the right direction. Because at this point I'm clueless, and I'm weary of searching endlessly for answers. Sorry for asking a question that's probabely been asked a million times. Thanks!