View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 AM
eatbuckshot
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

eatbuckshot is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

No problem cac2us, I was rather frustrated with the phone as stock and I could tell others were too, so I'd thought i'd help since there didn't seem to be much activity surrounding this phone for tweaks.

I just came across this post at xda concerning unlocking (i think sim?) but wasn't successful without contacting a service center with JTAGs but, still got out of it diag menu:
Help! How to unlock LG Fathom? Did anybody made it? - xda-developers
Quote:
Step 01:

With the slide open, tap Phone, press # # 7 7 6 4 7 2 6 7 5 0

Step 02:

Service Code: ______ displays, enter 6 digit code (default: 000000)
Up to this point now the diags are accessible, the rest of the steps are for supposedly programming the phone..
Quote:
Step 03:

Tap Service Prg

Step 04:

Display now shows the following fields on screen (read display from left to right (see screen shot 1 for example):

MEID

ESN

MDN

MIN

HOME SID

NAM Name

Security Code

Step 05:

Tap in MDN field, use DEL (backspace) key on keyboard to removing existing information and enter 10 digit MDN

Step 06:

Tap in MIN field, use DEL (backspace) on keyboard to removing existing information and enter 10 digit MDN

Step 07:

Tap in "Home SID" field, use backspace key to remove existing information and enter SID,i.e. 20=CHI, 6=NSE

Step 08:

Tap Save, tap OK

Step 09:
Tap OK on right side of screen PROGRAMMING COMPLETE - device will restart automatically."

Last edited by eatbuckshot; 01-16-2011 at 04:46 AM.