View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 AM
trysomeothertime
PPCGeeks Regular

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

Glad to see that at least a few others have this phone! Thank you very much for the provided tweaks, I will try them out tomorrow.

I have a problem with multitasking though. Perhaps this also occurs for you?

It seems that programs close rather randomly. I will have 79 Mb of free ram on boot, run FreeRam utility from SKTools, and still have programs close by themselves when I push the task manager button to switch to another program. This will happen even if I have just Opera Mini open, for example, which uses say 10 Mb. I switch to task manager, and then when I click on the Opera Mini line, it dissapears from the list. If I wait a few seconds without double tapping to switch, it also dissapears.

It is really annoying, since even my old SCH-i760 wouldn't force programs to close by themselves. I am getting a storage card to try to reinstall the programs on it, but I am not sure if it would help.

Also, not sure, but perhaps the fact that I ran the "Clean" utility right out of the box from SKTools and deleted all invalid entries could have affected something?