View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:11 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: List of issues, any solutions?

I haven't experienced any slowdowns; what programs started themselves in the background? Never had sluggish response yet, but I'm pretty minimalist having learned from 5 years of Windows Mobile.

- also despise threaded SMS messaging, but come on...you knew the writing was on the wall for us classic SMS folks. I think we are the last two on earth.

- you have folders?

- yes, volume rocker is in a terrible position. I'm getting used to it but last night when I was trying to quietly use the phone in bed I hit the rocker by mistake and didn't realize I was holding it down when the Shift started vibrating non-stop. Woke up the wife...not my best moment, there.

Coming from a TP2, this has been an adjustment of epic proportions. Yes, there are things my HTC Apache could do in 2005 that Android simply cannot handle. But it does other things exceedingly well. Using the browser is actually a pleasure, once you get past the constant need to zoom in and out to see things.

I guess I have no solutions for you, though others might. The absolute biggest gripes I had - the phone remaining unlocked after a phone call and the lack of voice dial confirmation - I've both managed to solve. Everything else I'm getting used to.