PPCGeeks Regular

emkorial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
List of issues, any solutions?

(cross posted at xda)

Cause I'm about to return this thing.

Software/OS wise:

- I guess this is an Android "thing", but the phone is constanly launching random programs in the background that I had nothing to do with, and it noticeably slows the phone down. If I see Sense stuttering, I'll run ATK, kill the dozen or so random things thta somehow launched all by themselves, and the phone is snappy again. Today I was typing a text message, and the phone was so slow, it was only registering one character every 5 seconds or so in the message. I went tho ATK, a whole shitload of random stuff was running, I killed it all, text messaging goes back to normal. How can you use an OS that randomly launches apps that degrade system performance? And as far as I can tell there's no way to remove the apps, or keep them from randomly launching on thier own in the background. I thought Android apps running in the background were supposed to not use any resources? But these a re having a noticible impact, clear as day. Sluggish UI, run ATK, kill the apps, silky smooth UI.

- I despise threaded SMS and you can't turn it off.

- I hate the little gray faces in the people list, and you can't turn them off

- Don't like the transparent folder backgrounds, and you can't do anything about it.

Hardware wise:
- The volume rocker is in a terrible positoin and is way to easy to accidentally hit. And apparently you need root to do anything about by remapping the keys

- If the phone is locked, sliding out the keyboard just a little bit wakes up the phone unlocked. andthen when trying to slide the KB back in you end up hitting buttons and hittingthe volume rocker, it's just annoying

- Suffers from the iPhone 4 "holding the phone in your righthand cuts your signal strength by 3 bars" problem

I mean, by themselves, none of these is a huge deal (except the OS slowing itself to a crawl, WTF is up with that?), but add them all up, on tp of the fact I'm paying $30 more a month over my Mogul, and I think this thing is going back to the Sprint store this weekend.

Kinda shocking that 5 years later the latest Androis phone still can;t match my Mogul in terms of useability.