View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Jaykay
Lurker

Jaykay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird Screen? And no text indicator?

Well, after having tons of issues with my Treo Pro, Sprint (after 3 failed attempts) finally sent me a decent replacement in the Samsung Intrepid.

So far I like the phone, but a couple things are confusing and I'm not sure if it's normal for this phone or not.

First, when the phone is in power save mode (ya know after the phone has been idle for 30 seconds or whatever), is no visual indicator that I've received a text. Meaning, when the phone is on idle and I get a text, I hear the tone, but the screen remains dark. I mean, I would expect the phone to at least light up so I can get a visual cue. Is this normal?

Second, also when the phone is in power save mode...the screen is completely blank unlike my Treo Pro which displayed the Time in sort of a 'screen saver' mode, as the time would move around the screen periodically. What's odd is that if I miss a call, there is zero indicator on the screen to show it--meaning i have to hit the side button and 'wake' the phone every once in a while to make sure I haven't missed anything. This seems like a major flaw in the phone.

I just hope these aren't issues as this is the 3rd phone I've received from Sprint.

Thanks in advance.
Jay