View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Tekki
Lurker

Tekki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advice on upgrading with Sprint (TP2 owner)

Currently I am a TP2 owner with Sprint

With the buzz of new phones on all 3 major carriers circling and an upgrade coming up in Feb, I'm looking for some advice.

I'll be in the Chic, or NYC areas soon, and am looking to take advantage of the 4G network.

Size doesn't matter to me. I'm a tall guy, and the "larger" phones are honestly nicer. I hate toying with tiny phones. The Epic and Evo sizes are perfect.

Android is nice and fun, but I need my M$ tools. I want a W7 phone. I feel like I'm taking a gamble, but its the best choice for my line of work. (DM)

A physical keyboard is a must... Touch screens are fun, but not conducive for what I do. I like the feedback of physical buttons.

Speed. I loved my TP2 when I got it, and still don't mind it. But the memory and slowdown issues are starting to drive me nuts. I have to perpetually delete so much stuff, and at its best, I still can't get the OS to respond as fast as newer phones like the Epic or Evo.

So the bottom line is I want a 4G, W7, QWERTY keyboard phone with a fast processor...

Am I SOL for now if I am with Sprint? It looks like the next best option for that list is the HTC W7 Pro, but it doesn't take advantage of 4G. I've seen rumors of other projects like the HTC Sabor among other high end devices, but nothing concrete. If no phone is on the market, or is popping up any time soon, what time tables should I be looking for. (conventions, shows, etc)

Thanks in advance.

I should also add that my TP2 is being replaced with a brand new TP2 tomorrow. I'm tempted to upgrade to an Epic for now. Then when something I really want comes out, but it straight up then sell both to regain some of my loss.