View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:37 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Connect phone to router, not make phone the router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichol View Post
Man I feel stupid, for years I've been using my the TP and mogul as the router thinking i couldn't connect it to a router.. So I can just turn on wmwifirouter, turn on 3g to wifi, then got to my ASUS router utility and see if I can find my wmwifirouter network? I would say terms like access point and bridge but I don't know if those are correct.

Or do I first connect to my phone to my home ASUS router then turn on wmwifirouter?
WMWifiRouter has nothing to do with it... That's only if you want to share your 3g internet with other computers, phones, etc.

Just go into Settings > Connections > Wifi - Turn it on, and you should be able to see available networks. Easy peasy, you're making it WAY too complicated!