View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 AM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: How did Samsung Focus outperform the Atrix?

Like you said, optimization. The problem with Android is still fragmentation. Not every phone out there has a Snapdragon or Hummingbird. They all have different amounts of RAM, etc. So its hard to optimize it since they have to make it compatible with any hardware that comes out...similar to how WM was.

With WP7, Microsoft tells the hardware manufacturers exactly what they can use, and they've optimized everything for it. Just look at the Snapdragon...everyone on Android that has compared it to the Hummingbird has said how much it sucks for graphics and gaming. With my WP7 phone, gaming is MUCH better than it was on Android, and all WP7 phones have a Snapdragon. So its not the processor, its the OS and optimizations.

Wait until the update comes in the next few months too. If you look on the homepage, I posted a video comparison I found about game load times. It won't make the OS load faster, but it'll help games and some apps load faster too.

That update will be pretty big, especially with copy/paste. Now I'm just waiting for multitasking, TTS navigation and some more apps.