View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
darren.wlsn1
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [GUIDE] Fix for no GPS lock after Froyo flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
I found another way of doing this too. I can confirm that this works.

"Fixing the GPS no fix issue on the Samsung Epic 4g requires you to do a manufacturer's reset by obtaining the MSL code from Sprint. Once you get the MSL Code, remove the SD Card and Enter ##786# on the dialer keypad. You will see two options: View and Reset. Tap on the Reset option and you will get a prompt to enter the MSL code. At this point you will be asked if you want to do a manufacter's reset, enter yes. The phone will shut down and reset itself after a few seconds. Once the process is complete, the phone will go through a hands free activation. After the activation process, updates may be downloaded and installed. Now that all updates have been performed, you may check to see if your GPS is working by going to Google Maps. You should be able to lock in GPS signal in under 10 seconds. Thats it. Your GPS woes are over."

Actually it didn't automatically activate for me, I went into SprintZone and it did it from there.
i got a little more info on this, if you call sprint tech they can do this for you ota. dont call them from phone or on pc use chat on sprints site. i just talked to my sprint guy and we did it on a store epic that i flashed dk28 rom on first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.