View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Procter
PPCGeeks Regular

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got a refurb TP2 replacement, what should I send back?

This is the update for my case a week ago when I found out that the famous rainbow-banding showing up on my original Tp2 and also a loosen end button. After asking around and realizing how flaky my local stores are, I finally got the Advanced tech support to send me a replacement hoping it's new (someone said advance tech still send NIB replacement).

Got the package today with a refurbed phone. Built in Aug 09, but refurbed Dec 10. They send Rfed accessories as well (battery, charger and usb cable). I checked the phone throughout, seems the only physical/appearance problem is that there is a small pattern of light leaking on the "windows/back" button. It was only used for 12s before being sent back for refurb, LOL.

Question is:

1. Is it possible to get NIB warranty replacement Tp2 anyway? There are so many different stories, some said non-corp store is the way, others said corp stores. Also people were talking about how advanced tech support send new replacement.

2. I don't have TEP, so I guess I can live with the refurb if chance of getting new device is slim and the refurb has no other problem. What should I send back in that USPS envelope? All my original accessories are working well (battery, charger, and cable), but now they are shipping me everything refurbed. Do I need to return the accessories as well?

Thanks a lot.