View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
yankees45us
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
To avoid self-incrimination (in case Sprint is reading this forum), I will simply say that I have seen this work properly multiple times, on stock HTC Evo Shift 4G, since Thursday.

But again, I can only speak for the temporary-root option. I do not know whether the permanent-root option will work, nor what side effects it might have.
I don't think you can incriminate yourself. It is NOT illegal to root your phone. It may be against the warranty policy which they can void but that's about it. Also its not illegal to circumvent the tethering features. There is no law against it or for it since the net neutrality rule still doesn't apply to mobile companies. So if they tried to do anything they would have to go to court which they won't since it will have to be decided by a judge and the fcc would step in to protect the consumer. But that's a whole other story.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417