View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: A call to arms - Windows 7 phone succeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
Another thing we have to do is email companies that do not have apps and ask them when they plan to offer an app for the Windows 7 phone platform. This is exactly what I have been doing. Companies will step up if they see there is a demand out there. Yes, they are looking at the acceptance of this phone but they must also be looking at their customers or users to see if there is any interest.

DavidinCT, please email your local station and ask them when an app will arrive. This is how the Windows 7 phone will win in the marketplace. We all have a voice.

We all have to step up if we care about this product and also Microsoft. People will buy the iphone and then the ipad and then say why not a Mac. Then what happens to .Net and IE and everything else. This is bigger than just a phone. I think it has been a long time before Microsoft figured this out and in some way I think they are still in discovery mode.
I will when I have one. I'm still using my 6.5 TP2 because I can't get a WP7 phone for Verizon. There should be one soon but, till then I can't call and ask for something I can't even use.

I am not meaning just for me, but, in a global standpoint (well at least in the US), till it's accepted and this will take time. If Microsoft really did it right, the numbers over the next 2 years will prove it.

Rome was not created in a day and it's going to take a while to convert the tons of iPhone and Android users over. As long as the phone is in the spotlight, so when someone is looking at phones, they can see what WP7 offers with the others and make a good choice for what is best for them.

Not everyone will like WP7 nor even try it, others hated Windows Mobile and will not even look at it. Others will see it with a open mind they are the people would would give it a serious look.

I really hate defending a item I can't own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
I also want to add. The lack of the keyboard at least on the HD7 and possibly some other short comings should not stop people. People will discover after a week with this phone that there are so many advantages with this OS, the things we thought were important when making a decision to buy a phone are minor. That is how great this new OS is compared to 6.5.

I am coming from Sprint and am concerned about Tmobile's network. At this point I love this phone and OS so much I can't imagine going back to the Touch Pro 2 and 6.5.
As a keyboard goes, I would prefer one because of the feedback, it's hard to feel the keys on a screen, if you know what I am getting it. If i can't get a keyboard, then the screen must be arond 4" (no 3.6") because I have a very hard time typing with my thumbs on a screen.

I will give a honest hard shot before I just say no. If I can type a e-mail with out any problems, then I won't really have a problem with it.

All depends on what verizon gets and at what cost, then I will decide.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-10-2011 at 12:02 AM.