Old 01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
sonami
PPCGeeks Regular

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami
Re: question on flashing to a new ROM

there is no real comparison, you just gotta read the info provided by the cooks and try them out. the 2 best roms on here imho are jamart's project teya and nrg's energy roms, personally i think project teya is the best rom out there for the imagio, but thats just my opinion.

you can use programs like sashimi, spb, sktools, xda_uc etc... but when your jumping between different roms and different sytem builds, it really isnt a good idea to import anything but pim data, when you start importing reg edits and system settings you run the chance of messing things up. it sucks i know, but once you flash a few times you can get it back the way you like it pretty quickly for the most part.

as far as your own apps, if they are not built into the rom itself, its a good idea to track them down as .cab files then keep the cab files backed up on you sd card, you can use xda_uc or sashimi to auto install the cabs for you after a fresh flash. you will need to reconfigure all your apps like facebook/foursquare/email with each new flash. now once you have found a rom you like, and considering that the cook doesnt change system builds with a new update, you could restore a full back up and cut about half the work down, but there is still a chance it might screw something up, so just be aware of that...
This post has been thanked 1 times.