View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydogPR View Post
I'm really digging this Rom, I tried using Spare Parts for changing the Boot animation but upon rebooting it doesn't change. I tried researching this problem but haven't had any luck! any info on this?
thanks....I never used spare parts b4, Aamikam had it included in the base, so I left it in, but I suspect that many of the features do not work.....I was searching yesterday for more info, and the thread @ XDA appeared to be no longer supported, so I may remove it from future roms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Hey OMJ, I flashed CM6 today to try it out and I'm already back on your rom. CM6 does have some nice things like major items you can tweak and what not. I just cant seem to part w/what I have here. What I didn't like about it was the phone dialer, no way to setup peak times for email, and the way the screens transitioned. The calendar widget sucks as well w/no way to add an agenda widget like on this rom. However, the available ram was insane and I did like that.
welcome back bro.....thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I kinda wonder how this was not talked about here more. Anyone able to put this into layman's terms? I'm not even sure if I use clockworkmod or armon. Is there a clear and easy way to go about removing the old one and getting the right one installed?
have u ever opened a flashable zip to see what was in it? if not, I encourage everyone to, it will give u a basic understanding of the file system structure (if you open a ROM zip), then when u come across a flashable zip, you'll see what files are being overwritten.

the old update-script & new updater-script is located @ \META-INF\com\google\android. The script basically tells the recovery what to do with the zip.

update-script example...

Code:
show_progress 0.1 0
delete_recursive CACHE:
delete_recursive DATA:dalvik-cache
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
show_progress 0.1 10
so basically it's saying to wipe cache & dalvik-cache, then copy whatever is in the System folder in the flashable zip to the /system folder on the device.

updater-script example....

Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print("Flashing MikFroYo Remove Battery Percent % Power Widgets ...");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Formatting Cache ...");
format("MTD", "cache");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Deleting Dalvik-Cache ...");
mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/userdata");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Installing ...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Done.");
ui_print("First Boot Would Take A While ...");
ui_print("Please Be Patient.");
it is similar to update-script, but the command structure is different, plus you can add comments to print on the screen.

so what Koush was saying is that Google no longer supports the old update-script format, and has switched to updater-script. We have continued to use update-script because our recoveries support both, but ROM Manager w/ recovery 3.0.x only supported the new updater-script & that is why ppl were having issues. Using that recovery, you can only flash a zip w/ the updater-script, and there is still alot of update-script zips out there.

I think Koush is wanting the dev community to switch to updater-script & no longer support update-script & I bet it will eventually happen.