View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
[ROM] midNIGHT ROM v3.3 BYOR and Pre-Built AIO (VERY COOL) 2/14/2011

Welcome to the midNIGHT ROM Thread...

Update: Folks I have to check out for a little while. Possibly about a week or so at the very least. I'll try to pop in if I have time but I have my hands full right now with other things. If you would like more information please see my blog. Thank you for understanding.....

Update:

I want to Thank everyone for all the support. While I did have to sell my Epic in order to help cover the ongoing expenses associated with raising 3 Autistic children I am currently in a position where I can still develop, at least temporaily. I honestly don't know how long I'll be in this position. However, I will continue to develop, support and release midNIGHT ROM revisions as often I can for as long as possible.

I would like to thank everyone donated as well. You will get a Thank You email from me as soon as things settle down a bit. Donations are not required but they honestly do help. No one is asked or required to donate in order to use my midNIGHT ROM or receive support. I do feel that a Thank You is in order for those that have donated though. So please accept my Thanks and gratitude for the donations and support you have provided. I continue to ask that you read my blog (just while the ROM is downloading) and help spread Autism Awareness. That is the only thing I do ask you to do if you are using my work. Remember, PLEASE be aware, compassionate, understanding and supportive of those with Autism and their families. There are no words that can accurately express how difficult life can be for those dealing with Autism. I can, however, personally attest to how challenging even the simplist things are when raising an Autistic child. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks again for everything...

If you guys like the midNIGHT ROM you can vote for it here.

Current Releases:
-------------------
midNIGHT ROM v3.3 BYOR and Pre-Built Edition (VERY COOL)

---------------------------------------------------
midNIGHT ROM v3.2 Standard Edition

midNIGHT ROM v3.2 (Build Your Own ROM Edition) is now LIVE.

Video is also up as well....

-------------------

midNIGHT ROM v3.1

midNIGHT V3.1 Sneek preview Video. Navigate to the Android Development Page.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
midNIGHT ROM v3.0

NEW AIO Install: Backup/Wipe/Format EXT4/Upgrade/Tune/Restore
This is a HUGE step forward for Epic owners. Please be sure to visit the bonsai thread and THANK Mammon88 and Randy_T. Without their hard work the midNIGHT ROM would not exist in its current form.

Change Log: (My Changes to the bonsai base)

Custom update script (To Promote Autism Awareness)
modified build prop
added “install to data” back to the update script (Allows for easy app removal)
added “extras to SD Card” to the update script (see SD Card after Flash)
The following app will be installed to “data” for easy removal
———————————————-
Launcher Pro (updated)
You Tube (Updated)
Astro File Explorer
Spare Parts
Quickboot (for easy access to WORKING CW3)
Google Talk
Swype
Titanium Backup
Quadrant (Free)
TypoClock

———————————————-
Added Rhodium Ringtones/Notifications/Alerts
Stock Framework
Custom boot animation
No boot sound
ALL Sprint apps removed (except Hotspot)
Removed TW
Custom Host File
Added wifi tether to SD Card (midNIGHT Extras)
Added midNIGHT Wallpaper to SD Card (midNIGHT Extras)
CW3 Redirector is working (wasn’t broken in 2.9.2 or 2.9.3, just sayin)
Added Nexus S Ringtones/Notifications/Alerts
Added Nexus S Live Wallpaper
Added Nexus S Live Wallpaper Picker
Added GingerBread Multi-touch keyboard as default
Added Microbes Live Wallpaper (and proper lib file)

Credits:

mammon88 and Randy_T: For the AMAZING bonsai releases and for early acces to their NEW stuff. Thanks for Everything.

Dameon87: For CW3, CW3 Redirector and EXT4

Instructions:

1) You need to be rooted with CW3 installed. How To Video (Look on the Android Development Page)

2) Copy the midNIGHT ROM v3.0 to your SD card.
3) Boot into CW3
4) Flash the ROM and Reboot when done. (If you have problems after reboot with FC's then wipe everything and reflash)
5)Get onto your computer and navigate to bonsai thread and locate mammon88 and Randy_T posts and click THANKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: There is a HOW TO video for installing this ROM along with CW3 on my blog as well. Look on the Android Development page. Please keep in mind that the ROM being flashed in this video is not the v2.7 but the process is the exact same. Also I skipped the wipes prior to flashing to save time.

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 02-14-2011 at 12:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.