View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 AM
intrlude
Regular 'Geeker

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

Dear Everybody,

The insurance program is not a "trade-up" program. I know that we have had the luxury of being babied by Asurion/Sprint alike, with going from the 6700 to 6800, 6800 to 6850 and from the 6850 to the 6875. Some of us out there have gone ahead and taken the plunge and gone over to Android with the EVO, will there be something else available for the EVO at some point? Maybe, no time soon though.

The premium you pay allows customers the luxury of receiving a device without having to pay retail for a new device. Even when it's deemed necessary that we pay the deductible. $7/mo=$84/yr, the deductible is $100, if you were allowed the TP2 at no cost from a TP even as late as a year ago you're only in for $184. Cash money phones, even the most "economical" start at $219.99 MSRP.

With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)

Thanks for letting me air this out! I work for a "preferred" retailer of Sprint's and get to hear day-in and day-out customers ask "this is my 3rd, 4th, 5th......phone, what phone do I get?" "Sir/Ma'am, you will receive the phone covered by the insurance program, which is whatever device is registered to your phone # at the time of the claim or something comparable" and comparable could be many things, not what you deem is proper for you to receive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.