View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
ministahprime
Lurker

ministahprime is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question for Boost users regarding data usage

I've had my TP2 on boost since about July, and I've never had my data connection turned off. Even when I don't pay my bill they will shut down service to my phone, That 3G signal is always there. I have also used windows mobile torrent as long as I have had this phone. I download full feature length movies whenever I feel the need. I probably run more data through my phone than i do my actual desktop. Now some may feel a little indifferent about the whole Idea here and say that this the reason data plans are so high in the first place, and so on and so forth. Some have even said it to be illegal. I can and will argue both of these points if anyone would really like to, but the fact still remains that all one has to do to obtain service through a provider such as boost mobile with a device such as the T-7380, is call them and ask them nicely if they would transfer service to a phone you recently purchased from a 3rd party. It's as simple as that. There are other ways as well, but in my mind those methods are very questionable at best as far as legality is concerned. Also seeing as one is not required by law to provide Boost with a real name or physical address when you choose them as a service provider, it seems to me that they never really gave it much thought in the first place. In any event, to just simply clarify and restate my answer to you, I've had my tp2 on boost unlimited for the past six months, and I haven' had a single issue so far. I would assume that the more to catch on to this knowledge, the greater the chance of them pulling the plug on the whole thing. There are really too many variables for anyone to say with any certainty. However it is good food for thought, and very cost effective comparatively speaking. My advice is go with what you know bro!