View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wi-Fi Router Help Please

You should be able to find a modified wpa_supplicant that enables WiFi Ad-Hoc network connections on your EVO over at xda. That said, I'd recommend that you verify the specific version of wpa_supplicant on your EVO first. Then you can locate and test the correct modified version to see if it works. The terminal command is "wpa_supplicant -v" without the quotes. With Desire HD or Z builds on the HD2, I had the v0.6.10 version, and needed to download and test a few before finally finding one that worked as intended.

To install it on the HD2, I just make sure wifi is turned off, and use Root Explorer to copy the original wpa_supplicant in /system/bin to somewhere safe on storage card. Then copy the modified version to /system/bin, fast reboot, and test away. In your case, I'm guessing you'll need to find one signed and update it through recovery.

If it helps at all, here's a link for the one that works on the latest Desire HD and Z builds:

[MISC] Enable Adhoc Networks - xda-developers

Best to all,
R

*Sprint TP2 with a solid 6.5.x ROM by Vin255764 & Radio 2.32.00WU
This post has been thanked 5 times.