View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 PM
jerryyyyy
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i want to flash my cdma tp2 with a new rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
I'm looking for the same thing - how to flash directly with PC connected. I don't have an SD card yet. I believe I unlocked the phone. Is there a way to verify? I downloaded the Energy (29007, Dec 27) rom. Is this a good one to start with?

Thanks in advance.
Well, you guys have come to the right place. Please note the handy thanks button, the liberal application of which will somehow encourage help. I just dragged myself through this process over the last 1.5 days and it is not impossible, just detailed work.

You have to follow the instructions on:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...2-sd-card.html

Do not be intimidated by the long list and verbiage. It boils down to two steps:

1. Get the unlocking software to allow you to overwrite the ROM in your phone, this is likely to be slightly terrifying depending of how vigorous your antivirus software is... files are safe... as all the people here will attest... but unlock the sucker.

2. Then choose what you want to load and load it. I chose a variant of the Energy ROM which has the most downloads. I could never get it to run from the storage card, but it also comes with an installer to run off your PC and ActiveSync.

Duh, dats it.

PS You can relock your phone if you have to turn it in....

PPS My phone now runs twice as fast and I also downloaded a version of Android which I have now installed so effectively I have a dual-boot system.

Last edited by jerryyyyy; 01-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.