View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 AM
deadwrong03
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Downloading Files From The Web On WP7

One of the key features i loved with Windows Mobile was i could manage files and download files from the web with ease. i could download pictures, mp3's, zip folders, rar folders and extract the files all on the phone without being dependent on a computer.

Now i recently had a chance to try to download a mp3 file that i uploading on a hosting site and when i clicked download the mp3 i was trying to download began playing in the browser but i could not locate it on the device. What happens when u try to download pictures, mp3s , zip and rar files on wp7? i know theres no file manager but u are able to save pictures from what ive read so why cant we save mp3s and add it to the zune library on the phone? what happens with the zip and rar files? and if u are able to download zip and rar then maybe we can get some kind of pocketrar or something

is it any chance of a limited file explorer being made that just gives u access to files downloaded from the web without giving access to the phones files and registry settings that they dont want us tampering with?

this is a huge issue along with the usb mass storage mode and multitasking that i really hope they add support for in the future